Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8720

Used the IT setup.  Now printer won't connect to network or Wifi.  I must have disabled them or the UI designer of this printer need help (likely both).  I need a full factory reset or this machine is on its way back to the store.

Your urgent help is appeciated.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@MECMECMEC

Please try

1. Press Power button to turn the Printer On.
  2. Press BL, BL, BL, BL Buttons, in sequence. (it the the Back arrow at the bottom left),
  3. Touch Support Menu.
  4. Select Reset Menu and Touch OK.
  5. Select Semi-Full Reset and Touch OK.
  6. Wait for unit to Power Down/Turn Off.
  7. Press Power button to turn the Printer On.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, my 8720 printer is stuck in a error loop rendering the touchscreen inoperable to reset. I have tried the normative processes suggested- unplug, wait replug with no resolution.

The hp logo shows on start up with the progress bar, the bar freezes at one point and a screen pops up (less than a second) saying something about not properly shutting down, then blue screen of death with error code B841880 and circle bar for power symbol, then screen goes to verticle bars. I had to video and scroll through to see the information because from the time it has power to when it goes to verticle bars is about 5 seconds.

This happened about two months after the warrenty ran out so I am not interested in technical support or service. I am intending to access the cmos battery and reset it that way. Any way to access the battery would be grateful.

HP Recommended

My 8720 printer doesn't have "BL, BL, BL, BL Buttons, in sequence. (it the the Back arrow at the bottom left)". It just has a screen that boots to the HP logo and then the normal use screen. How do I factory reset in this case?

HP Recommended

From the Main Menu screen

Touch the ? on the left, middle section( this is on the black edge of the display frame)

Now touch the back button 4 times ( Quickly)  

The display will show Support Menu > 

Navigate from there to enable and disable any settings you wish

HP Recommended

I dont have b and l buttons.  just a touch screen

HP Recommended

I have tried this but after I touch the back button once it disappears and a screen opens up.

Can you offer any further help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.