Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3636
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to reconfigure wifi, tried all possible solutions available on the internet (google) but nothing worked.

Need to hard reset so that all the configuration in the printer can be wiped out and I can reconfigure the network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Somehow I managed to get it fixed.

Thanks for your timely reply.

Thanks

@arunsen

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@arunsen,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to reconfigure the wireless connection.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Is the wireless light steady or blinking?

Meanwhile, I recommend you restore the network defaults and then try connecting the printer to your wireless network.

Here is how it is done.

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for five seconds.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Thanks for reply.

I tried that but didn't worked.

Today I changed my router security setting from WPA2(AES) to Open and with that I able to configure and connect to the printer using Wifi. But if I try to do same with WPA2(AES) or WPA setting, printer not accepting the configuration.

I thought to change Printer network configuration using EWS (I able to open EWS through Wifi-Direct / USB / Wifi with Open security) but EWS not accepting the password.

I think if I can able reset the EWS password or credential I might be able to reconfigure Printer Network configuration.

It would be helpful if you can let me know the steps to reset the EWS authentication.

Thanks a lot in advance.

@arunsen

HP Recommended

@arunsen,

Is your router configured for 5GHz or 2.4GHz frequency?

What is the make and model of your router?

Your printer supports only 2.4GHz frequency so make sure that the printer and the computer are connected with the router using 2.4GHz and check.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Is your router configured for 5GHz or 2.4GHz frequency? 

--- Support both but printer works only 2.4GHz. I don't have any issue with this.

What is the make and model of your router?

--- 3G/4G Wireless N Router
       Model No. TL-MR3420

I didn't have this issue anytime before I was able to use the printer through Wifi for almost a year but recently I have to flash the router and after then I am unable to reconfigure the Printer.

Please let me know the steps to reset the EWS password as currently, it is not accepting any password. I think I can able to reconfigure the printer to work with WPA(AES) Wifi setting once I am able to login in EWS page.

- @arunsen

HP Recommended

@arunsen,

There is no option to reset the EWS password. We can reset the network settings and this should reset the EWS as well. However, if that doesn't work then there is no other option to reset the EWS password.

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Somehow I managed to get it fixed.

Thanks for your timely reply.

Thanks

@arunsen

HP Recommended

@arunsen,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.