michdj
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Need printer that prints consistently on cardstock - pulling issues

HP 8730
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need advice on a printer that will consistently pull cardstock through correctly.  Every HP printer I've had (currently 8730 all-in-one) gives me a few months before it stops pulling cardstock through the printer correctly.  I end up with half-printed sheets because the printer won't pull the cardstock properly.  I have the settings set to cardstock with the right weight.  I've cleaned the gray pickup roller in the back.  I'm tired of buying a new printer every year just to print on cardstock, which is a big part of my business.  Any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
26,371 26,095 4,656 10,243
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are many different printers which print on cardstock, but it is limited to specific cardstock thickness, cardstock is a very general term...

What is your cardstock weight? most HP printers support 163 up to 200 GSM cardstock (110 lb index), getting a media too thick for the product can easily cause such behavior as you describe.

Please clarify what cardstock media you use so we may guide you any further accordingly.

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
michdj
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Neenah 65 basis cover, 176g/m^2.  It's a fine weight for the printer's specifications, but the printer won't pull it  properly anymore.  It will sometimes print what should be at the top of the page half-way down the page, or 3/4 of the way down the page, or it sometimes doesn't hit the ink to the page at all.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation