Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8720
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I need to rest my 8720. Previous posts do not work for me. I can’t find a tools menu as suggested. Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@srayf

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are trying to reset the printer. 

Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Let's try these steps -

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Restore.

4. Touch Restore Factory Defaults.

A message appears stating that the factory defaults will be restored.

5. Touch Restore.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@srayf

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are trying to reset the printer. 

Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

Let's try these steps -

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup ).

2. Touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Restore.

4. Touch Restore Factory Defaults.

A message appears stating that the factory defaults will be restored.

5. Touch Restore.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the  "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. That was it!

HP Recommended

@srayf

That's great. Happy to hear that 🙂

Appreciate your time and patience with us. 

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a good day.

Cheers!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I attempted to perform your fix to restore my OfficeJet Pro 8720 to its factory settings but it shows that option as being locked and my password is not working for some reason.  Please help!

HP Recommended

@Terry872 Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest you check my private message for steps on performing a full reset, the instructions are designed for your specific printer and if anyone with a different model would try the steps, it may render the printer unstable, hence a private message would be the safest way of sharing this information: 

Click here to know how the private message function works. 

Stand by for updates!

And have a good day.

(P.S: If anyone wants these instructions for their specific printers, please create a public post and tag me, I'll be happy to help).

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.