Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g

I have inserted new genuine HP cartridges into my Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and get the error message: "The following cartridges are not intended for use in this printer."  The cartridges are labeled Z10 for the US and Canada.  I am in the US.  These are the first Z10 cartridges I have used... all the previous ones had no region on them.  It seems from other posts that I need to have the region rest on my printer and that I need HP to do it.  However, it is impossible to get a hold of anyone at HP.  Does anyone have a good phone number that works (i.e. actually gets to a person rather than telling me to go to the website where this is NO information on how to fix this issue without someone from HP)??  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The solution is to say you "Want to buy a product" when prompted by the computer on the general HP 800 support number.  My printer was out of warranty so I said i wanted to buy a printer product (i.e. a warranty).  (If your printer is under warranty, you can probably get it done using the on-line system.)  That got me to a perosn who sent me over to support when I told them what I was looking to buy and why.  The tech was able to connect to my computer and printer and reset the region.  Didn't cost me anything but about 20 minutes after having the problem and no ability to print for over a week.  I have no idea how I got a Z20 region printer, but he reset it to the correct Z10.  It works now.  Hope this helps all the others out there with the same problem. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@JMK6

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂

I came across your post and would like to assist. 

I understand that you have installed the ink cartridges in your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer and receive an error stating "The following cartridges are not intended for use in this printer." 

I have sent you a private message to contact our HP phone support team in the United States. They will assist you to rationalize the printer and take care of the error. 

Also, I would like to share the HP SureSupply link as it helps to get the right ink cartridges for your printer. you may review the link in your free time: https://hp.care/2J30kwB

Hope things work out great and the printer starts to print soon. Keep me posted for any further questions. 

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Please private message me too - it's useless to contact HP Customer Support as they just say look at the website.  :(:smileyfrustrated:

HP Recommended

The solution is to say you "Want to buy a product" when prompted by the computer on the general HP 800 support number.  My printer was out of warranty so I said i wanted to buy a printer product (i.e. a warranty).  (If your printer is under warranty, you can probably get it done using the on-line system.)  That got me to a perosn who sent me over to support when I told them what I was looking to buy and why.  The tech was able to connect to my computer and printer and reset the region.  Didn't cost me anything but about 20 minutes after having the problem and no ability to print for over a week.  I have no idea how I got a Z20 region printer, but he reset it to the correct Z10.  It works now.  Hope this helps all the others out there with the same problem. 

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same issue, the printer was bought in Saudi Arabia and now I am using this in the Philippines. Can you help me on this too?

HP Recommended

@jaaronb460

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, let us know the Printer name and the Operating System installed on the device your Printer is connected to.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer.

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Please do confirm if all the three requirements are met.

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus printer that needs to be reset to the correct region (z10, US and Canada.  I see that the last ink cartridges I used were marked z20.  The new cartridges I just bought are marked z10.  When I loaded the new ones in I received the following message:

"INCOMPATIBLE INK CARTRIDGES" - "THE FOLLOWING CARTRIDGES ARE NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THIS COMPUTER" 

I'm located in California and the printer was purchased here.  I've reinserted a previous set of old expired ink cartridges with no zone indicated and the printer boots up but of course the cartridges are out of ink.  The printer "HP Officejet Pro 8600" is connected to my computer with a USB cable and I'm running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit OS with no issues.

HP Recommended

@rcuser,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to do a regionalization reset on the printer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.