Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Nach der Neuinstallation von Windows 10 (2004), Neuinstallation der HP Drucker-SW (Full) von der Supportweb-seite und Installation des Druckers als Netzwerkdrucker sind nur mehr 2 Druckervoreinstellungen möglich: 

Alltäglicher Druck

Beiseitiger (Duplex-)Druck

Das Erstellen benutzerdefinierter Druckervoreinstellungen ist nicht möglich.

Dagegen sind bei Installation des Druckers als USB-Drucker alle Druckervoreinstellungen vorhanden.

Habe auch schon den PrintandScanDr angewendet, jedoch ohne Erfolg.

Auch ein mehrmaliges Deinstallieren und Reinstallieren war nicht erfolgreich.

Dann könnt Ihr Experten mir sicher helfen. Ich bin kein Experte. Schon mal Danke im Voraus

Ich hoffe, dass ich nicht der einzige bin, der dieses Problem hat und dass dieses Problem bereits bekannt ist.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey @Zerlegealles  !

Hope your doing fine!  🙂

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Support Community Moderator
HP Recommended

Many thanks MatheusH for qur answer. I am trying to translate

After reinstallation of windows 10 (2004), reinstallation of the HP printer software (full) taken from the support website and installation of the printer as network printer only these two printer‘s defaults are available:

common print,

double-sided (duplex) print.

User-defined printer‘s defaults cannot be made.

However, with installation as USB printer all printer‘s defaults available.

I tried PrintandScanDr, but that was not successfull.

Repeated deinstallation and reinstallation were not successful either.

I hope that I am not the only one with this problem and that this problem is already known, in which case you will probably be able to help me with your expertise. I myself am no expert. Many thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Today I saw, that the printer prints only in Black and White.

Please help me.

HP Recommended

@Zerlegealles

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Are you using the HP Smart App on your PC? If not, you may try and install to see if that works: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142. If yes, uninstall and reinstall it.

If the issue persists, try these steps:

Let's do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.)  Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hallo

Thank you for your answer. But it does not solve my Problem. In top 8 there is no "Drivers" tab.

Now I tried the solvering from TEJ1602 in 7628407. This was successful.

Hallo TEJ1602

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem. Vielen Dank ist mein Problem gelöst. Jetzt habe ich zwei WLAN-Primer ENVY 4520 auf meinem Laptop. Eine zum Drucken und die andere zum Scannen. Die beiden Drucker haben unterschiedliche Namen.

Vielen Dank.

HP Recommended

Hallo Betty0610

I think, the driver for a Network-Printer in the SW "EN4520_Full_WebPack_1122" is wrong, while the driver for an USB-Printer works correct. 

HP Recommended

@Zerlegealles That's awesome, I'm glad @TEJ1602 could help sort this out for you, she's of our best tech's at HP community 🙂

That said, Always remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.