Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5544
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Exchanged printer and problem is the same. Computer driving is a HP Prodesk. Updated drivers, aligned and cleaned cartridges. Tried with cable and wifi connections. Swopped to another printer HP F1480 (old but operational) and problem is the same. Do not see the lines when printing text.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, have you tried to make a copy in color?

If the copy quality is bad as well and if you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article mentioned in my previous reply. 

Recommend you to contact our phone support for the service options.

If the copy quality is good. Uninstall the printer software and install the full feature software for your printer and check the quality. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @pdm2

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are gettings lines when you print photos. 

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own. 

Have you tried to review the print and paper settings before you print?

Do you face the issue when you make a copy in color?

Recommend you review the paper settings on the application you use to print. 

If possible try a different application to print and check. Also, try a paper of different brand or thickness.

Please click here for the printer specifications, go through the paper-handling specifications of your printer. 

Please refer to this HP Article for assistance in improving the print quality. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You.

Problem happens in both colour and black. Set print preferences to best, no better.

Printing through Word is OK, but not through other programmes (Paint, paint net, picture manager etc.)

Paper makes no difference.

P

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, have you tried to make a copy in color?

If the copy quality is bad as well and if you have tried all the troubleshooting steps in the article mentioned in my previous reply. 

Recommend you to contact our phone support for the service options.

If the copy quality is good. Uninstall the printer software and install the full feature software for your printer and check the quality. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks.

When I copy a picture I have the same problem. will contact phone support.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please do check with phone support and please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.