07-26-2017 08:58 AM
I recently got this printer and it has been great until now. Almost every time I try to print double-sided the paper keeps on jamming and once I clear it and try again it happens again. The paper is new and has no crinkles or anything.
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-27-2017 09:50 AM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you require assistance regarding paper jam issues while trying to print double sided. It will be a delight to assist you here.:)
Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂
For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this happen after a recent software or operating system update?
- Please let me know the operating system version installed on the computer?
- Is it Windows or MAC?
- Did you check if the correct paper type and size that supports duplex printing is being used?
It looks like a hardware issue with the printer.
- For a start please check if the correct supported paper is being used from this product specifications link: http://hp.care/2h5ZVNf and check Paper-handling specifications.
- Then perform a hard reset from this link: http://hp.care/2h6dKLy and perform only step 1 for a hard reset.
- If the correct compatible paper is being used, please perform all the prescribed steps for paper jam issues from this link: http://hp.care/2h5ZVNf to check if the issue gets corrected.
If it continues, then the printer has a hardware issue and needs to be replaced by contacting HP phone support.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
08-02-2017 12:27 AM
Thankyou, I ended up trying to blow out any dust/stray hairs that may have been caught up in its system first which seems to have worked. If any problems persist I will know to come back to this thread and put your tips to use.
08-02-2017 12:24 PM
I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.
As you mentioned blowing out the dust solved your issue.
I am glad to hear that your issue got resolved.
If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.
We will try our best to help you out.
Have a great day! 🙂
I am an HP Employee