Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
1200w NFC
iOS

I have been using a 1200w NFC to connect a HP officejet 100 mobile to print from my Apple 6 IPhone. The first print would take less then 30 seconds to complete.  I had to get a new printer and 1200w but now the first print takes over 3 minutes.

I've tried to update the drivers but still the printing is slow.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did find the solution on youtube.

" This is a problem with the most recent firmware HP released for the 1200w, which included Secure Printing enabled by default. Newly purchased 1200w's, as well as those that are upgraded to the new firmware, may experience this issue. To speed up printing, follow these instructions.Secure printing encrypts the print job, and then unencrypts it at the printer, which adds a lot of time to the printing.

Go to 192.168.223.1 in your iphone browser while connected to the printer. This is the management page for the 1200w. Click on "Network" and then click "Advanced Settings". In the "IPP Enable" box, click the drop down and choose "IPP Only". Click "Save". Then reboot the 1200w. Your print jobs should be fast again."

Thanks for you help and hopefully this post assists some one else.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @jbrat2. 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I understand that your print jobs from your mobile 100 are slow. 

This document should help. HP 1200w - Troubleshoot the HP 1200w NFC/Wireless Mobile Print Accessory

Let me know if those steps worked for you. If they did, that’s awesome! Give us some reinforcement by hitting the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

No I followed all instructions and slow printing issue remains.

HP Recommended

I did find the solution on youtube.

" This is a problem with the most recent firmware HP released for the 1200w, which included Secure Printing enabled by default. Newly purchased 1200w's, as well as those that are upgraded to the new firmware, may experience this issue. To speed up printing, follow these instructions.Secure printing encrypts the print job, and then unencrypts it at the printer, which adds a lot of time to the printing.

Go to 192.168.223.1 in your iphone browser while connected to the printer. This is the management page for the 1200w. Click on "Network" and then click "Advanced Settings". In the "IPP Enable" box, click the drop down and choose "IPP Only". Click "Save". Then reboot the 1200w. Your print jobs should be fast again."

Thanks for you help and hopefully this post assists some one else.

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing that information. :). I know I will find this helpful. 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

That fixed my 1200w as well.  There's definately a firmware issue here; I couldn't even use it because it took so long to send a job to the printer.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.