Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Router, Same WiFi, Not Automatically printing anymore

HP Envy 5540
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Two weeks ago, everything was fine.

I work on a Macbook Pro (MBP).

I use my 5G connection called "ChooseMefor5G".

My printer connects to "ChooseMe".

I press print on my MBP and my printer starts printing.

I had an issue with speed so an internet guy came and upgraded my modem. Same username and password. Unfortunately, when I press print, my MBP's printer says "Printing - Looking for printer" or "Printing - Unable to locate printer" and doesn't print. Ugh. I verify my connection. I'm on "ChooseMefor5G". On my printer, I press the touch screen, then press the wireless icon. It shows that it's connected to "ChooseMe" (a 2.4 GHz connection). It gives an IP, a MAC, etc. The blue light is not blinking, which means it's connected properly to the wifi.

My workaround: I move from my wireless connection of "ChooseMefor5G" to "ChooseMe". BAM. Suddenly the printer is found. Page printed.

But, here's the issue: when I move my computer back to 5G and try to print again, it finds the printer fine!

Also, I haven't figured out how to recreate this issue, but when I occasionally print every few days, I'm still on the 5G, but my printer cannot be found and I have to go through the workaround again each time. I didn't have to do this before I got my new router.

How can I keep my MBP on 5G and have it find my printer on 2.4G without having to manually go to the other wifi each time?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
6 4 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

New Router, Same WiFi, Not Automatically printing anymore

If I don't get an answer, does that mean no one knows? Should I contact support?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation