Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3510 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After printing just a few pages the ink gave an error. Only suggests to buy another. I do not want to buy another went it was a recent purchase. It is a #61XL and I would like to know how to replace it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ZephyrZen,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with ink cartridge errors. Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you do any troubleshooting?
  • Did it occur after a recent power outage or surge?

For now, try these steps:

Now check if it gets fixed. If the issue continues, then perform all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03368592  for resolving ink cartridge errors.

This should work as long as the ink cartridge is not faulty If it continues, then the ink cartridge is faulty and needs to be replaced. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush. Please check with the local store if they will replace it for you.

Consequently, I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  Please note that I am not overloading you with steps but instead, giving you more information to work with.

We are as eager as you are to get the issue fixed. I request you to perform all these steps till the issue is fixed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ZephyrZen,

Good Day.  A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding issues with ink cartridge errors. Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you do any troubleshooting?
  • Did it occur after a recent power outage or surge?

For now, try these steps:

Now check if it gets fixed. If the issue continues, then perform all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03368592  for resolving ink cartridge errors.

This should work as long as the ink cartridge is not faulty If it continues, then the ink cartridge is faulty and needs to be replaced. I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush. Please check with the local store if they will replace it for you.

Consequently, I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your forum private message box next to the bell notification icon on the upper right-hand corner for a private message from me for further assistance.

Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  Please note that I am not overloading you with steps but instead, giving you more information to work with.

We are as eager as you are to get the issue fixed. I request you to perform all these steps till the issue is fixed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ZephyrZen,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.