02-16-2019 07:57 AM - last edited on 02-16-2019 09:54 AM by rick-s
I have tried all these suggestions many times and nothing works. I bought a new cartridge and get the same message, I am using HP cartridges. I can put a new cartridge in and I get the message but when I put the old cartridge in I don't get the message. Help please.
02-17-2019 12:10 PM
02-20-2019 03:53 PM
Please remove the cartridges, clean the electrical contacts with a lint free cloth and perform a printer reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Then update the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and put back the cartridges
If the issue persists, please contact HP Support for replacement cartridges or Service Options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Thank you and have a great day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee