02-12-2020 01:53 PM
After sitting idly for 6 months, I tried to print using HP Officejet 6100. Message - "no toner," so I installed new cartridges. Now the HP tells me that I have full ink when I run "diagnostic page," but it says "no ink" when I try to print something. I've tried reinstalling the cartridges, restarting the printer, etc., with no luck.
I also tried removing all items from the printer queue. The items are very short - less than one page - and a message saying "deleting" but they never delete, even if I wait a long time.
02-15-2020 03:22 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue.
To better assist you -
1.) What's the application that you are trying to print from?
2.) Are you able to make a copy?
- If the copy is not printed, try these steps - Troubleshooting Print Quality Issues
- If the copy is printed, try the steps mentioned below -
1. Turn off the printer using the power button.
2. Search Windows for run, and click the Run Windows application in the list of results.
3. Type services.msc in the Run window, and then press Enter on the keyboard.
The Services menu opens.
4. Right-click Print Spooler and select Stop.
5. After the service has been stopped, close the service window and use Windows Explorer to browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
6. Delete all files inside the PRINTERS folder.
7. Restart your computer.
8. Turn on your printer.
9. Try printing again.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee