Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 6255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new Envy 6255 and the printer won't print magenta or cyan, I have followed all cleaning and alignment steps with no luck. I have not tried a new cartridge because I don't want to purchase one to find out its the printer. Any idea how to tell if it's printer or ink cartridge?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TeamHippo I suggest we use the copier as a stand-alone device to check if the copy function works fine, this could be a software issue, let me know,

And if it doesn't work either, try the below steps:

Step 1: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to the HP anti-counterfeit webpage (in English).

Purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies from the HP Store or local retailers.

Step 2: Check the estimated ink levels

Check the estimated ink levels. If an ink cartridge is empty, your printer can print for a period of time in either greyscale or composite black, depending on which ink cartridge is empty. If a color ink cartridge is empty, the printer prints in greyscale using black ink. If the black ink cartridge is empty, the printer prints in composite black using color ink. Composite black might not be as dark as regular printouts.​

NOTE: 

Ink level warnings and indicators provide estimates for planning purposes only. When an indicator shows low ink levels, consider having a replacement ink cartridge available to avoid possible printing delays. You do not need to replace ink cartridges until you are prompted to.

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Ink Level icon () or ().

NOTE: 

The Ink Level icon that displays on your control panel differs depending on your printer model.

A graphic of the estimated ink levels for each ink cartridge displays on the control panel.

Figure : Estimated ink levels displayed on the printer control panel

Graphic: Estimated ink levels displayed on printer control panel
  2. Identify any ink cartridges that are low or empty, and then continue to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 3 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.