Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp3545
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just replaced a new cartridge and I did all the troubleshooting but still I receive an error. I bought the ink in a certified / well known bookstore here in Manila

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jpdi Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting New ink cartridge error - hp3545

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you check by replacing the seemingly faulty ink cartridge?
  • DId this occur after a recent power outage or surge?

For now, try these steps:

Then from this linkhttps://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-3540-e-all-in-one-printer-series/52859...  (HP ENVY 4500, Deskjet 3540 Printers - Cartridge Missing or Incompatible Ink Cartridges Error Displays)

• Step 1: Make sure the cartridges are compatible
  • Step 2: Remove, inspect, and reseat the cartridges
  • Step 3: Clean the electrical contacts
  • Step 4: Remove and reinsert the cartridges again
  • Step 5: Clean the cartridge contacts again
  • Step 6: Restart the printer
  • Step 7: Identify the cartridge to replace
  • Step 8: Load paper
  • Step 9: Replace the cartridge (You could contact a local store)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.