Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New printer in use. Still running the supplied ink cartridge but barely used adn colour cartrdige at lesat half full on Printer info. 

Some colors print, not magenta. Have tried some of the tips on here but no success yet, some of the links re thgs to try were broken.  I've tried cleaning and aligning. No success. 

I've tried the chat bot for the UK - useless, took me round in loops. 

I've downloaded the support assistant. Which gave no help. It suggested i download HP Print and scan doctor - also useless for this.  Not sure how many loops or routes there are for support and annoying that chat to a person is only USA not UK. 

Any practical help on offer anywhere? 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @EG11 ,

welcome to the HP Support-Community.

I think there is a problem with the color cartridge.

Please remove the cartridge and turn it upside down for about an hour. In many cases, this procedure helps. 😊 After reinstalling the cartridge, please try to print out a document and check, if the problem remains.

Best,

Nils_K

Did you get a solution to your question? Please mark it as solved.

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

I don't work on behalf of HP. | HP Expert program 

HP Recommended

Thanks Nils, I tried that overnight but no change when I try to print again. 

Maybe it’s just a poor cartridge (official HP and barely used) which needs swapping out. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try the following:

Take a handkerchief and the tri-color cartridge. Now press the cartridge like a stamp on the handkerchief for about 2-3 seconds. You should see a strong, colored strip, consisting of magenta, blue and yellow. Is this the case?
If there is no or very little ink on the handkerchief, moisten the handkerchief slightly and press the cartridge again, this time for about 30 seconds on it, until more ink comes out.
Afterwards, re-insert the cartridge and run a cartridge clean, if necessary.

What is the result?

Cheers

Nils

Did a post help you? Please click on the "thumbs up", to show this and actively help others.

HP Recommended

Thanks Nils. No sign of Magenta. As it’s the cartridge supplied with the printer I’m going to assume it’s been a small quantity, sat for a long time and probably dried, blocked or similar.  So I’m going to abandon it and get a replacement. It sounds more like a cartridge than printer issue so hopefully this will mean I can print ok.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I also think that there is a problem with the ink cartridge. Please contact HP to get a replacement.

Contact HP

Cheers,

Nils

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.