Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No color in print

HP OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I tried the print quality diagnostic and the colors are good but when I print it just comes out in black and white,

It was working fine but it changed by itself and I just installed a new cartridge so I have no knowledge on what to do next.

please help!

Thanks

I get this message.Capture1.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,496 11,464 492 549
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No color in print

@Hector714
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Let's try to put the old ink cartridge and then uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers:

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP DeskJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04675142

If the issue continues, uninstall and reinstall printer Basic drivers from the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-3830-all-in-one-printer-seri...

If the issue still continues, install using Using the Windows Built-in Print DriverClick here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,496 11,464 492 549
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No color in print

@Hector714

Thank you for posting back. 

Not to worry! I'm here to fix this issue. 

Let's try to add the printer using the IP address:

1) Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the wireless icon on the printer screen

2) Right-click your printer, select Printer Properties, click the Ports tab and then click Add Port.
3) Select Standard TCP/IP Port, and then click New Port.
4) Follow the instructions to add a new port.
5) Try printing in colour.

And, also try HP smart app to print: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation