Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp Officejet 6968 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been running Operating System 10 for a few yrs now. Windows wanted me to update, so I did. Now my HP Officejet 6968 Printer will not work. I have a strong wireless network connection. Keeps stating ; DRIVER NOT FOUND. I have the printer CD and that will not download. I tried downloading the driver from HP web site. Still will not download. I restored my computer to an earlier time, prior to the update, which didn"t help. I'm getting an Installation Error 2. The INF file that was specified by DriverPackageinfPath was not found. please help. this is a year old printer and I just spent $70.00 installing fresh ink. I've done all the obvious things, turned off the computer, unplugged it. Thank You. pbrzez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately Scan Dr. did not help. ....message to follow....

HP Officejet Pro 6960

Install Failed

The software required for your device could not be installed....

Darn, Computers and I don not get along. ant suggestions?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and run HP Print and Scan Dr utility from link below to troubleshoot the issue.

www.hp.com/go/tools

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I didnt think the Scan Dr would help, since there is no driver. I will try it. Thank you

HP Recommended

Unfortunately Scan Dr. did not help. ....message to follow....

HP Officejet Pro 6960

Install Failed

The software required for your device could not be installed....

Darn, Computers and I don not get along. ant suggestions?

HP Recommended

YES!!!! I FIXED IT SOME HOW!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.