Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
MacBook Air
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Since downloading Easy Start to my Mac I can no longer print

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @RobG10

Welcome to the HP Support Community. To assist you better, I would like to know the following:

• What happens when you try to print?
  • Do you get any errors?
  • Are there any lights blinking on the printer?
  • Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
  • Do you have an Anti-virus installed on the MAC?

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

Check for any software updates on MAC

Click here to know how.

Check the connection between the printer and the MAC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

In reply to your bullet points:-

• I get the message " waiting for the printer to beacon available"
  • As above
  • no
  • All - email, safari, citrix
  • same problem with all types of documents
  • yes - whatever was factory installed

The printer can copy and scan. I previously had no issues printing. It only became apparent when I down loaded the software to enable me to scan which I have now removed but still can't print. I have updated the Mac software but no change. I have not yet downloaded the Catalina operating system.

I use a USB connection between the printer and the Mac. I had tried to connect wirelessly but there is no ability for me to do so in Printer Utilities

HP Recommended

@RobG10, thank you for the response.

If you are using a USB cable, make sure the cable is directly connected between the MAC and the printer.

The use of a USB hub is not recommended. Also, make sure the cable is connected to a USB 2.0 port on your MAC.

Do you have an Anti-virus/firewall installed on the MAC?

• Check if the printer is getting recognized by your MAC:
  1. From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac.
  2. Click System Report.
  3. Under the Hardware heading on the left side of the System Information window, click USB.

USB 3 devices appear under USB 3.0 Bus, and USB 2 devices appear under USB 2.0 Bus. 

If the printer is detected, we can try reinstalling the printer driver from the HP Support site, which may help.

To uninstall the drivers, follow the steps mentioned in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.