Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5640
macOS 10.12 Sierra

When I try to print an address on an envelope (C6 size), the printer prints but the envelope comes out empty. When I follow the same procedure and print the address on a normal A4-size paper, the address is printed correctly on the paper (at the place where it should print on the C6 size envelope).

Can someone help?

Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello FAMR,

I'm sorry I did not provide you with the correct MAC document.  Please try these instructions

Jean

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi FAMR,

I'm sorry your envelope is not printing properly.  When you send the envelope through does it seem to go through the motions of printing - or just eject the envelop rather quickly?

Here is a document that walks you through all of the steps.  I would recommend double-checking everything here and see if you have any better results. 

I hope this helps.

Jean

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Dear Jean,

Thank you for responding so promptly. The envelope is going through the regular motions of printing.

Best,

Alexander
HP Recommended

Ok, so the printer seems to be printing but nothing comes out on the envelope? 

I assume it is printing somewhere off the paper. 

I don't understand how it is coming out  fine on a regular sheet of paper?

Did you follow the steps in the document I provided?  Any help there?
Jean

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I could not follow the steps in the document you provided because I am Mac user, not Windows. Do you have a similar document for Mac?

Best regards, Alexander

HP Recommended

Hello FAMR,

I'm sorry I did not provide you with the correct MAC document.  Please try these instructions

Jean

I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.