Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: PavHP OfficeJet 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the above issue with my previously reliable HP7740. Non HP Cartridges are not being recognised. This has never been the case before. I have looked through the HP Community and have seen suggested solutions of which non have worked. I have tried everything that has been suggested. I realise you will tell me to use genuine cartridges but they are cost prohibitive. This appears to be a firmware update issue. I would appreciate support on this issue please.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @AndyB62 . Thanks for your message.

We are here to support you. Some non-HP branded cartridges are not working on HP OfficeJet or OfficeJet Pro printers. For us to help you with this, please contact us here.

Thank you very much

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi WanderP

Not sure where to contact as I am in Australia. If I click on the link I cannot find anywhere that I can actually contact someone rather than go through self help solutions.

Andrew 

HP Recommended

Hi Again.

Any contact point please?

HP Recommended

Hello @AndyB62 .

For Australia, here is the Contact Us page, with the appropriate support options.

Thanks

WanderP

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

And I end up right back here.....

HP Recommended

HP won't help you. I spent ten minutes on the phone with an HP rep today and the best he could offer was, "...we have not had any reports of firmware update causing issues with cartridge use." That was it. He asked a lot of irrelevant questions.  Asked for the "case number" I had been assigned. (As if posting questions on the Community board results in case numbers being issued.)

Useless. And they certainly don't want to acknowledge what their intentions are with firmware updates. As if we don't know that they price their printers low and charge outlandish prices for ink jet cartridges to make up the difference. 

HP Recommended

Hi @AndyB62 

I have sent you a private message with the contact details. 

Thanks! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.