12-11-2019 08:39 AM
I am unable to print wirelessly from my laptop. I can however, email docs to the printer, but the laptop does not recognize the device.
Yes. I have rebooted all devices.
Yes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all software.
Yes. I have confirmed that all are on the same network.
Yes. I have confirmed that the blue wireless light is not flashing and shows connected.
How should I proceed?
12-13-2019 11:49 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.
- To assist you better, what model printer are you using?
- What is the error message when you try to print?
This seems like a connectivity issue, let us try these steps:
- Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network. (Re-verify)
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any network issue
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Access the EWS page of the printer
- Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
- Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
- Go to Tools > Print a test page.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee