Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 1515 all-in-one
Windows 8.1

My printer won't print from MS word.it prints from all other programs except ms word.Ive tried everything i could think of,,,suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @mangee,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with resolving the Microsoft Word printing issue that you're experiencing when attempting to print from your Windows 8.1 computer to your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 All-in-One Printer. Because you're able to print from all programs except one I do think that what you're experiencing is a driver conflict on your Windows 8.1 computer. To resolve this conflict can I please have you run the steps below.

How to Add Alternate Driver:

1. Open your Start screen by selecting the windows button in the bottom left hand corner of your computer screen or by selecting the 'Windows' button on the bottom left of your keyboard to the left of the Ctrl button
  2. In the Start Screen type 'Devices and Printers'
  3. If the Devices and Printers option doesn't automatically populate, than click on Settings on the top right and then click on Devices and Printers.
  4. In the Devices and Printers folder right click on your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 and left click on Printer Properties
  5. Left click on the Advanced tab
  6. Left click on New Driver
  7. When the New Driver window opens just hit 'next' until you see a list of Manufacturers on the left and a list of Printers on the right.
  8. Select HP as the Manufacturer on the left
  9. Select Deskjet 9800 as the printer on the right. If Deskjet 9800 doesn't appear than select 'Windows Update' on the bottom left and once the update completes you will be able to select Deskjet 9800.
  10. After selecting Deskjet 9800 hit next to complete the New Driver Wizard
  11. Under the Printer Properties window select 'Apply' but don't hit OK
  12. Select the General tab
  13. Rename your printer back to HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515
  14. Hit OK
  15. Lastly, right click on your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 one more time and left click on Printing Preferences
  16. Left click on the Paper/Quality tab
  17. Left click on the 'Normal' dropdown for Print Quality on the bottom right and change this to Fast Normal
  18. Hit Apply and OK

Now that the alternate driver is added in successfully, please try printing through Word again.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @mangee,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I would like to assist you today with resolving the Microsoft Word printing issue that you're experiencing when attempting to print from your Windows 8.1 computer to your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 All-in-One Printer. Because you're able to print from all programs except one I do think that what you're experiencing is a driver conflict on your Windows 8.1 computer. To resolve this conflict can I please have you run the steps below.

How to Add Alternate Driver:

1. Open your Start screen by selecting the windows button in the bottom left hand corner of your computer screen or by selecting the 'Windows' button on the bottom left of your keyboard to the left of the Ctrl button
  2. In the Start Screen type 'Devices and Printers'
  3. If the Devices and Printers option doesn't automatically populate, than click on Settings on the top right and then click on Devices and Printers.
  4. In the Devices and Printers folder right click on your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 and left click on Printer Properties
  5. Left click on the Advanced tab
  6. Left click on New Driver
  7. When the New Driver window opens just hit 'next' until you see a list of Manufacturers on the left and a list of Printers on the right.
  8. Select HP as the Manufacturer on the left
  9. Select Deskjet 9800 as the printer on the right. If Deskjet 9800 doesn't appear than select 'Windows Update' on the bottom left and once the update completes you will be able to select Deskjet 9800.
  10. After selecting Deskjet 9800 hit next to complete the New Driver Wizard
  11. Under the Printer Properties window select 'Apply' but don't hit OK
  12. Select the General tab
  13. Rename your printer back to HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515
  14. Hit OK
  15. Lastly, right click on your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 one more time and left click on Printing Preferences
  16. Left click on the Paper/Quality tab
  17. Left click on the 'Normal' dropdown for Print Quality on the bottom right and change this to Fast Normal
  18. Hit Apply and OK

Now that the alternate driver is added in successfully, please try printing through Word again.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!!..Worked perfectly

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. After 4hours of struggle, I found this and it worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.