01-19-2015 02:48 AM
My printer won't print from MS word.it prints from all other programs except ms word.Ive tried everything i could think of,,,suggestions
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-20-2015 03:44 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums!
I would like to assist you today with resolving the Microsoft Word printing issue that you're experiencing when attempting to print from your Windows 8.1 computer to your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 All-in-One Printer. Because you're able to print from all programs except one I do think that what you're experiencing is a driver conflict on your Windows 8.1 computer. To resolve this conflict can I please have you run the steps below.
How to Add Alternate Driver:
- Open your Start screen by selecting the windows button in the bottom left hand corner of your computer screen or by selecting the 'Windows' button on the bottom left of your keyboard to the left of the Ctrl button
- In the Start Screen type 'Devices and Printers'
- If the Devices and Printers option doesn't automatically populate, than click on Settings on the top right and then click on Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers folder right click on your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 and left click on Printer Properties
- Left click on the Advanced tab
- Left click on New Driver
- When the New Driver window opens just hit 'next' until you see a list of Manufacturers on the left and a list of Printers on the right.
- Select HP as the Manufacturer on the left
- Select Deskjet 9800 as the printer on the right. If Deskjet 9800 doesn't appear than select 'Windows Update' on the bottom left and once the update completes you will be able to select Deskjet 9800.
- After selecting Deskjet 9800 hit next to complete the New Driver Wizard
- Under the Printer Properties window select 'Apply' but don't hit OK
- Select the General tab
- Rename your printer back to HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515
- Hit OK
- Lastly, right click on your HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515 one more time and left click on Printing Preferences
- Left click on the Paper/Quality tab
- Left click on the 'Normal' dropdown for Print Quality on the bottom right and change this to Fast Normal
- Hit Apply and OK
Now that the alternate driver is added in successfully, please try printing through Word again.
Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you! :)
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “thumbs up" button!