Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've downloaded maps& pictures into Word.  Resized - well within bounderies.  Checked 'Print Preview' - perfect.  Print.  All text perfect:  Pictures same size as in 'Print Preview' but cut off (not full picture as shown in 'Print Preview').  The same pictures (maps) have been used previously, for a separate issue, and printed perfectly.  I've tried deleting pictures and re-downloading them, shutting down computer and re-booting and starting from scratch,.  Have tried re-printing four times, but the same thing happens.  Any ideas, please?  I would greatly appreciate any help.  God bless.  Jayuu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jayuu

You are welcome.

It may just be a matter of removing the existing printer software and installing a fresh copy of the Full Feature Software.

Printer:

HP OfficeJet 4650

Full Feature Software:

OJ4650_72.exe

(189.6 MB)

Help, Instructions, and Examples:

Install Full Feature Software - Printer

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

If you have trouble with any of the instructions / suggestions, use your favorite search engine to find more information.  Sometimes it is just a matter of finding someone who "speaks your learning language".  Smiling.

Good Luck.

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Jayuu

Make sure you use Insert as opposed to "Copy and Paste" when adding images to Word documents.

Reference:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

Sections various, including:  

• Options >> Printing Stubborn Web content (Snip)
  • Word Images / Art / Words are Chopped

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Many thanks, Dragon-Fur but I don't know how to do that.  If I  right click and copy a map from a web page, then go to 'Word', there seems no way that I can insert from the Drop- down menu; m yonly option seems to right click and paste.  I used the wrong term in my previous post when I said 'Download'.  I meant copy from a web site (sorry - my knowledge is very basic as you may well have gathered by now!!!).  On many occasions, I have 'copied and clicked' successfully but, on odd occasions, this 'error' seems to occur and I can't circumvent it no matter how many times that I try!

Thank you so much for your time and expertise - it's greatly appreciated.

God bless.

Jayuu. 

HP Recommended

@Jayuu

True, Insert does not (normally) work with live content. **

Use Snip

Save the snipped "copy area" into a .jpg file.

Use Insert (in Word) to place the image file (.jpg) into the document.

If you cannot figure out how to use Snip, you can instead save your Word document as a PDF file and then print that file as an image.

Both Adobe Reader DC and Fox support printing PDF file as an image.

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit)

Snip – available since Vista!  Check out the “delay” feature in Windows 10 Snip.

Snipping Tool in Windows 10 / 8 / 7: Tips & Tricks to capture screenshots

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

See Sections:  

• Options >> Printing Stubborn Web content  > Snip
  • Print as Image

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

**  There is a method of creating and using Screenshots in Windows 10  that might provide Insert type behavior.  I have not tested nor verified the results.   How to Take Screenshots in Windows 10

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you so much; I'm extremely grateful for your advice.  When I have time, I'll have to look up how to convert something to a 'JPG' file and also how to 'Snip' but I'm rather pressed at present.  Your kindness in helping those of us who are not very computer literate is really appreciated:  I know, from experience in other fields, that it can be frustrating when someone can't follow instructions easily.  God bless. - Jayuu

HP Recommended

@Jayuu

You are welcome.

It may just be a matter of removing the existing printer software and installing a fresh copy of the Full Feature Software.

Printer:

HP OfficeJet 4650

Full Feature Software:

OJ4650_72.exe

(189.6 MB)

Help, Instructions, and Examples:

Install Full Feature Software - Printer

Fancy_Lines_4.jpg

If you have trouble with any of the instructions / suggestions, use your favorite search engine to find more information.  Sometimes it is just a matter of finding someone who "speaks your learning language".  Smiling.

Good Luck.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur

Thank you so much for your help. Now that I have found out what a .jpg is,  I have, in fact, achieved a result in a different way (I told you that I have very little computer knowledge). 

Method: Copy from internet, paste into 'Paint' & save as .jpeg;  in 'Word', 'Insert (from file) and, as the saying goes, to use an English expression,  Bob's you're Uncle!

I am in your debt, greatly appreciating your kindness and patience in helping me.

God bless.

Jayuu

HP Recommended

@Jayuu

Brilliant!

Paint is one of those programs that has been around in Windows for ages -- I frequently use Paint; it is easy to use, provides rudimentary image editing, and behaves itself (consistent).  Smiling.

Once you get used to using Paint, open a test image (of which you have a spare copy) - try dabbing on a bit of descriptive text, decorative border, or other simple additions.  Save-As under a new name.

Happy Printing!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Many thanks.  God bless. - Jayuu

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.