Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
To unlock wireless...locked by admin (half the screen showing the locked symbol).
Hit arrow back key, enter Support Menu
Reset will not unlock wireless (good to reset though if you just bought the printer...nice to have a fresh start!)
Keep scrolling past reset to the screen that says wireless network lock/unlock
Hit ok to enable wireless (this flips from enable to disable, back to enable, disable. Stop when it says 'hit ok to disable' (at this point it has been enabled!)
Hit x to get out!
Admin lock should be off on wireless options.
Enjoy!
HP Recommended

We've been working on this for several hours. We can't seem to unlock the printer as it is supposedly blocked by the administrator. Have followed all suggestions offered by the community. This is an HP Officejet Pro 8600. Apparently, the solution is very specific. We've not been able to restore, half-restore, etc. Very frustrating. Hitting the back arrow key  does NOT take us to a support menu.

HP Recommended

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02886889&lang=en&cc=us&taskI...

and error occur with your suggested sites:

This site can’t be reached

h20000.www2.hp.com’s server IP address could not be found.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

i do not know what happened to my printer; i did not do anything and now everything is lock. i am the only one that uses this so it could not be lock. help me please
HP Recommended

hi, i have tried to reset the network but everything is locked. if you want to unlocked the network or all of the printer please do this:  go to either tools or preferences and do an restore to factory defaults. it will clear/unlocked everything. then you will have to reconnect to network/router. i have used the wps on my router and it was easy. now all you have to do is to reset your fax preferences like how many times the phone rings before the fax comes on etc. i hope this helps everyone. it did for me.

HP Recommended

Hi Unthink,

I have just spent a half a  day trying to reset (unlock) my Officejet 8600......having followed all the other recommendations unplugging replugging restoring new drivers etc. etc. etc.  and videos it was only your advice that worked simply by going to tools and finding the restore to factory defaults. This worked like a charm. 

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU....I thought I was losing my mind 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.