07-25-2019 09:21 AM - last edited on 07-28-2019 07:12 AM by Jacky-D
I have an HP Officejet Pro 8720. Black ink Cartridge needed to be changed. I replaced it with an HP 952XL Cartridge and now I need the printhead cleaned. It says documents need to be printed before I can clean the printhead.
It keeps sending me in a loop. I do not have any documents in the print queue and I even stopped the print spooler and restarted to clear things. How do I resolve this???
07-28-2019 07:48 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try these steps -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
To clean the printhead -
1) On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .
2) Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.
3) Touch Clean Printhead, and then touch Continue.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee