Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5540 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I hope I'm posting on the appropriate group.

I get the OXB87C67C6 error code on my printer "spontaneously", I mean the printer wakes up by itself and this message is blinking.

I am facing another issue with that printer, which is that every time I unplug it (and any time there is any network issue or whatever electricity matter), I have to reinstall it totally on my laptop, otherwise I can keep on scannnig but not printing. This is very painful but ok, now I'm used to it and I can live with it and I try to avoid having to unplug the printer now.

Now, my feeling is that the error message I get occurs when the printer is trying to connect to hp services to provide any information about my cartridge level. Indeed, I subscribe to the service that allows me a certain number of printings per month and replaces my cartridges when the level is too low. My guess is that the printer cannot reach the service (due to the multiple reinstallations). So I expect that the service I've subscribed to would be disrupted.

Would you know anything about that issue and about how I can definitely resolve it? How can I make sure that the inkjet service is still working well for me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,

Pauline

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Zoéra

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you can contact them when you find the time and update us.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Zoéra

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. 

I reviewed the case regarding issues with the computer crashes randomly. I will be delighted to assist you here.  

Follow this link and update the firmware. 

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Barachiel,

thanks a lot for your quick answer. I've downloaded the update wizard and tried to run it. It doesn't detect my printer, even when I manually turn it on before. So I'm stuck at that step. Would you have any advice to make that work?

And would you be able to tell me how to verify once done that the communication with HP is still correctly working and make sure my cartridges will be replaced once empty?

Thanks a lot again for your support.

Best Regards,

Zoéra

HP Recommended

@Zoéra

Thanks for your response.

Update the firmware from the printer itself.

Many HP printers released in 2010 and later support Web Services, cloud based printing services that include ePrint, printer apps, firmware updates, and content that you can print directly from the control panel. These printers can use a direct Internet connection to find and install updates.

NOTE: 

Supported printers must connect to a wireless or wired network with an active Internet connection to install updates. If the printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, this update method is not available. Continue to the method to download firmware from the HP website.

1. Navigate to the printer update feature. Menu names and icons vary by printer.

• Printers with an ePrint button or icon: Touch or press the HP ePrint icon or button ( or ), touch or press Settings or Setup if necessary, then touch or press Product Update or Check Product Updates.

• Printers with text-based menus: Select the Setup, Service, or Settings menu, select Preferences, Printer Maintenance, or Tools if necessary, then select Web Services, Printer Update, or LaserJet Update.

2. If you are prompted to sign up or accept terms of service, follow any on-screen instructions to enable Web Services and setup automatic updates. This procedure sets up the printer's Internet connection so it can receive updates.

3. If the printer does not automatically start the update process, select Check for Updates or a similar menu to start the update.

Let me know. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Barachiel,

thanks for the detailed answer. I've tried it and it said the printer is up to date.

Best Regards,

Zoéra

HP Recommended

@Zoéra

I see that you were interacting with @Barachiel. I'd like to help.

Thanks for writing back to us.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

HP Recommended

@Zoéra

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you can contact them when you find the time and update us.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help Sandytechy20, I got the support on the phone, seems my problem was due to electrical matters. I changed the plugging and now we are monitoring if it happens again.

Best Regards and thanks again.

Zoéra

HP Recommended

@Zoéra

Thanks for writing back to us.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that we worked together and found the cause of the issue.

Feel free to contact us in future if you need any assistance in the future.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.