Tappermc
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Office Jet 8610 Printer unable to recognize my Wifi Network

Office Jet 8610 Pro
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My Office Jet 8610 Pro printer has been working flawlessly for me.  One evening I was able to print using my Wifi and the next day I couldn’t. The blue light on the printer was blinking and when I went into the network settings, I did not see my Wifi network listed. I tried to add it but wasn’t able to.

I restored the settings, I unplugged my router, printer and laptop and plugged them back in as advised in the manual. All other devices are connected to wifi with no issue. My laptop shows a connection to the printer.

The wireless network test page says:

“Your HP printer is unable to connect to your wireless router”

Wireless 

Wireless On.   PASS

Wireless working.    PASS

Signal quality.           Not Run

Connectivity

Connected.        Not run

Network name   FAIL

all Settings   Not run

I have also tried to connect my laptop to the printer with a cable and it won’t print that way either.

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,157 2,157 97 174
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Office Jet 8610 Printer unable to recognize my Wifi Network

@Tappermc Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the Office Jet 8610 Printer unable to recognize my Wifi Network.

Please set up the printer as a USB connection, then configure the wireless by the USB connection.

1. Click the Windows icon (), click All Programs, click HP, click the folder for your printer, and then click the icon for your printer. The printer software opens.

2. Click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

3. Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer (the phrase differs depending on the version of software your computer is running).

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer on a wireless network.

Here is another document for setting up the printer over the wireless network.

Setting Up the Printer for a Wireless or Wired Network for the HP Officejet Pro 8610, 8620, 8630, 86...

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation