Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot print afters years of good operation.
Office Jet Pro 8100
Windows 10/64 Pro with latest updates
Using wired Ethernet connection from PC to printer on network.

Ran Microsoft printer troubleshooter. No errors found other than it was not the default printer

Ran HP Print and scan doctor 5.2.1. Finds printer HPEOC67D (Officejet pro 8100). Installs "recommended updates" and fixes print queue. Try Test Page. Says "The printer should have printed out..." - the printer does nothing. Select print internal test page. Nothing prints. Unplug printer and retry tests. No change.

Try Embedded web server for printer. Shows message "Status X Device needs attention". Click on message, next screen says Status "Printer Failure".

Try to print self test page gives message "The printer is busy. Try again later"

Ink supplies are ok. Have replaced cartridges.

In the printer event log oldest (and newest) message says ID=5362, event 72234, "Printer Event"

Is this printer toast? 

Thanks for help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Looks like the ethernet/wifi radio has failed.

Have you tried printing using the USB port?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

This is ethernet connected, not wireless.  If it only will work on USB it is worthless to me.

It will successfully report usage statistics, and much other information about the printer via the HP Smart software using the ethernet wired connection, so the idea that it is the connection does not seem logical.

It is particularly disappointing that there reported error number is not decoded with the HP Smart software or any other place I can find.    

But thanks for the reply. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.