12-02-2019 02:58 PM
My Office jet will print colour from some HP apps but not normal windows apps or test page, they are B&W. Printer quality diagnostic is in colour. I have deleted printer and reloaded, updated with smart print and printer software from HP, changed ink cartridges, loaded factory defaults. Rebooted both computer and printer many times, reset wi-fi passwords etc. Run all troubleshooter and doctors, but none of them give B&W OK, but Colour not present options. The printer properties menu does not give the grey scale options below quality settings, so not sure what to do next, any advice?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-05-2019 03:09 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the scanning issue.
Download and install HP Print and Scan Doctor, it is a Windows tool to fix printer issues.
Try re-installing the printer driver from root level -
1. In the search box, type and open "Uninstall a Program".
2. Look for HP Printer software.
3. Right-click to uninstall.
4. In the search box, type and open “Devices and printers”.
5. In the Devices and Printers, look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose “Delete” or “Remove Device”.
6. Open the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7. Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”).
8. Click on the "Drivers" tab.
9. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click “Remove” at the bottom.
10. Select Ok.
11. Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows.
12. Close Devices and Printers Once the software and drivers are removed.
13. Restart the computer.
14. Download and install the software and drivers from here for Windows 10 (64-bit).
15. Click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, try built-in driver - HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee