Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

It still doesn't work. I've created the a7 envelope size 5.25 x 7.25. I select it during printing, but when I click print it stop and says it can't print due to wrong size selected. Everything is selected right in my computer, but on the actual printer screen it states 5x7. Which is obviously too small. There is no 5.25x7.25 to select ON MY PRINTER screen. PLEASE HELP. The only reason I purchased this printer was to print on A7 envelopes.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi! @BS86

Have you tried printing from a different application? Does the issue persist?

Try the steps recommended below.

I have checked the printer specifications and the printer does not support 5.25x7.25 envelope printing.

Please find the supported envelope size and types by the printer.

A2 envelope

111 x 146 mm (4.4 x 5.8 inches)

C5 envelope

162 x 229 mm ( 6.4 x 9.0 inches)

C6 envelope

114 x 162 mm (4.5 x 6.4 inches)

Chou #3 envelope

120 x 235 mm (4.7 x 9.3 inches)

DL envelope

110 x 220 mm (4.3 x 8.7 inches)

Monarch envelope

98 x 191 mm (3.9 x 7.5 inches)

U.S. 10 envelope

105 x 241 mm (4.1 x 9.5 inches)

6 3/4 envelope

92.2 x 165.1 mm (3.6 x 6.5 inches)

Chou #4 envelope

90 x 205 mm (3.6 x 8.06 inches)

Refer the product specifications page of the printer to know more information. Click Here

However, you can try printing using custom size settings and check if it works.

Try the steps recommended below to perform printing custom size. (Windows Only)

To set up the new custom paper size, create the new size in the printer software.

1. Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

2. Click the icon for your printer, and then click Print server properties.

Figure : Location of Print server properties

Location of Print server properties

NOTE:

If Print server properties does not display, right-click an empty area in the Printers window, select Run as administrator from the drop-down menu, and then select Server Properties.

3. If the User Account Control window displays, click Continue.

4. On the Forms tab, select the Create a new form check box, and then type a name for the new paper size in Form name.

NOTE:

You must choose a different, unique name for the new custom paper size. Do not use an existing paper size name.

Figure : Forms tab in Print Server Properties

1. Create a new form

2. Form name

5. Select Metric or English, and then type the dimensions of your custom paper in the Width and Height text boxes.

NOTE:

Leave the Printer area margins set at 0.00.

Figure : Forms tab in Print Server Properties

1. Metric or English

2. Width and Height

6. Click Save Form, and then click OK or Close.

NOTE:

Supported paper sizes vary by printer. If you input custom dimensions that your printer does not support, the new custom paper size does not display when you attempt to print. Check the printer specifications for your printer for more information on supported paper sizes.

Refer this article to know more information about printing custom size paper. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a wonderful day ahead!  🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Is it possible to set a  custom paper size on a Mac? 

I'm having the same issue and about to take a sledgehammer to the printer from hearing the paper mismatch chime. 

HP Recommended

Did anyone find an answer this? Just went to print my Christmas Card envelopes and having no luck printing on an A7 envelope. This is ridiculous. I want to smash the **bleep** printer. HP- you suck!

HP Recommended

@Nicolek117, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer series does not support an A7 size paper/card. Refer to paper handling specifications in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.