Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

When my OJ 4500 goes to sleep it doesn't wakeup it stays in that mode.

Incoming Fax, Wireless print job, direct command by computer will not wake it up.

You have to unplug the power source and let it recycle before you can use it.

Then you never know when it will go back to sleep.

Any Help PLEASE

Nolan_Sr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

well you might want to try this step this would reset your printer to factory defaults...

• Unplug the power cord from the HP All-in-One.
  • Wait for 20 seconds.
  • Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord to the HP All-in-One.
  • Release the buttons after the HP All-in-One starts up.
  • The HP All-in-One will now be reset to factory defaults.
  •  

you would know that you did the right thing if the printer asked for your country/language at startup,

or there would be another solution for these which is not really recommended and that is to turn off the sleep mode on your printer, i would suggest you to call hp's technical support 18004746836

Dre
    "I may not be the best of help there is, but at least i would try my best to give you a reply on your questions"

Please Click the KUDOS button as a sign of "thanks"

For Other Questions or Informations email me @ laijayadrian@hotmail.com

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
    HP Recommended

well you might want to try this step this would reset your printer to factory defaults...

• Unplug the power cord from the HP All-in-One.
  • Wait for 20 seconds.
  • Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord to the HP All-in-One.
  • Release the buttons after the HP All-in-One starts up.
  • The HP All-in-One will now be reset to factory defaults.
  •  

you would know that you did the right thing if the printer asked for your country/language at startup,

or there would be another solution for these which is not really recommended and that is to turn off the sleep mode on your printer, i would suggest you to call hp's technical support 18004746836

Dre
    "I may not be the best of help there is, but at least i would try my best to give you a reply on your questions"

Please Click the KUDOS button as a sign of "thanks"

For Other Questions or Informations email me @ laijayadrian@hotmail.com
    HP Recommended

Note there is no option on the 4500 to turn off sleep mode.

HP Recommended

Hello,

my power save mode got stuck on my hp 4500 wireless

on some forum they advise to set the power save to = 0 so it will not go to save mode.

I changed the power save setting using * + # buttons then pressint 1 2 4 code and going to change power save setting to 0.

but now the printer is constantly going into power save and does not wake up.

I tried to restore to manufacture mode: unpluged the printer and plugged **bleep** again while pressing # and 6, the printer restared asking for language ang country but after choosing it went back to power save mode, refusing to start.

is it a brick ? 

what can I do? 

HP Recommended

I've got tyhe same problem.  HELP!

HP Recommended

Your solution was a wonderful !!!! gift. thanks a million.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. 

I was able to access the special menu again by opening the ink cartridge refill door, which will get you out of power save mode.

Then, just adjust the setting to something much higher (I used 9999 seconds).

It won't fix the underlying issue, but the printer will work again, the same as it did before.

HP Recommended

I found this post via a Google search. 

Stragenly enough, resetting the printer solved the issue I had with continual 'Hold for Authentication' messages (https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/339778/printing-to-windows-not-domain-server-hold-for-auth...) I had with sharing a Windows printer (via built in Windows 10 x64 printer sharing) and attempting to print with OS X Mojave. 

The symptom was that even after authenticating with the local admin account (which is a Microsoft.com account, with my e-mail address/password) I would continually be prompted for the login/the local print status in Mojave would yield 'Hold for Authentication'. Attempting to use the 'Guest' login would yield the same outcome - continual 'Hold for Authentication' / no successful print.

Resetting the Printer solved the issue - I re-added the printer in Mojave, and clicked 'Guest' and can print successfully. 

Bizarre, I would have never thought that resetting the printer would solve a network/domain authentication problem. For anyone reading this in the future, shoot me an e-mail at my username at gmail dot com and I'll try to help you as best I can.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.