Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (121 Views)

OfficeJet 6500 wireless not printing black

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Wireless Printer series - E709, and today, the printer suddenly stopped printing black ink completely. I have purchased and loaded new cartridges but with no luck, the other colors are working and the printer prints in color normally. Also, I soaked and cleaned the print head accordingly, did the #+3 button reset, however the problem still persisted.

I would really appreciate if a solution is available, thank you! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (77 Views)

Re: OfficeJet 6500 wireless not printing black

@Saraj96

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 6500 Printer. I understand that it is nit printing in black and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Check the paper.

Check the print settings.

1. In the software application you are trying to print from, click File, and then click Print.

2. The Print window opens.

3. Open the Properties dialog box.

Depending on the software application, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

1. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:

1. Paper Type: If you are printing on photo paper, select the type of photo paper you are attempting to print on.

• Print Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality. These options typically include Best, Normal, and Draft modes.

• Paper Size: If you are printing on a different size of paper than you normally print on, select the correct paper size.

• Black and White: If you want to print in black and white only, select the grayscale option.   

4.After selecting the print settings, click OK to apply the settings, and then click Print.

Check estimated ink levels.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Report.

Make sure that the cartridges are properly vented and seated correctly.

Use an automated tool to clean the printhead.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (56 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Sandy,

Thank you for your prompt reply,

I went through the test settings and made sure no paper jams exist. The cartridges are newly purchased, inserted and identified by the printer (all even black), leaving no error of a missing or damaged cartridge. The print quality test page has the three colors: Cyan, magenta, and yellow, perfectly fine, still, the main problem persists as there is no black ink printed. There is no sample text, black alignment patterns, black color bar, or black text in the bottom half of the paper. The rectangle for the black ink level is completely empty, and It is also worth mentioning print alignment failed repeatedly. 

According to the page you referred me to, this error is the most similar to my issue "Completely missing (black) color (possible cartridge or printhead problem)", which indicates the possible defect. However, the black edges around the colors in the bottom are printed, which leaves me to wonder the printhead possibly may not be damaged? 

No black ink

Let me know if there's something else to try, thank you!

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (44 Views)

@Saraj96

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

As you have already tried these steps and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance. If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation