10-06-2019 12:40 PM
My printer stopped printing Word documents yesterday. When I go into settings, the printer is now showing as Scan Only - HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 [B37D6B] - DO NOT DELETE and whenever I try to add the printer, it defaults to this setting. I have tried uninstalling and downloading drivers rather than using the app, but the printer still does not work.
10-08-2019 03:33 PM - edited 10-08-2019 03:35 PM
@Cuthbert23, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
Update the MS Word application if the issue is only with this app. You may also reinstall it if required.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue
Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix printing'.
If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.
Clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
- Select your HP Printer
- Select Uninstall
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
- In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’
- Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
- Click on the “Drivers” tab
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
- Select Ok
- Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
- Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer.
Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.
Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee