Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I got this brand new Officejet 7610, and when i choose the size of paper for printing, It doesn't offer A3 size in the list.  How can i add it??

Help me please i cant find it anywhere,  it s for work presentations.

I already tried uninstalling the printer and re-installing it, and it still doesn't appear in the list of all different sizes of papers.

I have it running on Windows 8.1, on wifi network (not direct).

Does there exist a software or driver updated? Or a software thar could help me choose more paper sizes ??

Thank you very much if you can help me,

paper sizes.jpg

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi santiavo,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I understand you would like the option for the A3 paper size.

I will be happy to help you.

I have provided a document for the HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Series (H912) Product Specifications. Go to the section for Paper-handling specifications.

You should be able to add a generic driver to do the custom sizes.

From the start up screen, (tiles menu) type in "Devices and Printers", select settings,

click on Devices and Printer.
Click add a printer.
Go through the wizard.
Select HP from the first list.
Select Deskjet 9800 from the second list.
Apply settings.

Try creating a custom size now with the generic driver.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.
Have a nice day!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello Gemini02,

I couldn't find the option for installing Deskjet 9800 on my Windows 8.1. But i was able to do it on another computer running Windows 7, and it worked.

What's even worse, on my computer (Windows 8.1),  the installed printer HP Officejet 7610 Series Class Driver (that wasn't recognaizin A3 papper size), started to appear as Offline all the time. I started being NOT able even to print in any size!

Finally, i comment to you the (so far) solution i got.

-> Add a Printer

-> The printer isn't listed

-> Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

-> Use an existing port

-> Selected 192.168.1.102 (Standard TCP/IP Port) . ( in this step i was really lucky that appeared the same IP the printer i was already using)

->Left list, selected: HP

-> Right list, selected: HP Officejet 7610 series, (also had the chance of selecting HP Officejet 7610 Series Class Driver)

-> Replace the current driver

Result:

I re-installed the this "apparent other" printer, and now it's recognizing A3 size.

Conlcusion:

There exist different drivers for the same model of printer.

The one that finally works with A3 is

Printer name:          HP Officejet 7610 Series

Printer model:        HP Officejet 7610 Series

Driver name:           HP Officejet 7610 Series

Driver Type:            Type 3 - User Mode

Driver Version:      10.93.0.1216

The one that doesn't work with A3 is

Printer name:          HP Officejet 7610 Series Class Driver

Printer model:        HP Officejet 7610 Series Class Driver

Driver name:           HP Officejet 7610 Series Class Driver

Driver Type:            Type 4 - User Mode

Driver Version:      6.3.9600.16384

Question

Why there are so little differences between one driver and another , all destined to be used on the same printer?

Why is it so difficult to configure it with the right driver?

I work for a small company and i really have no time for spending on solving this kind of issues that shouldn't exist by this decade.

I hope with this you could develop better actualization,

Regards

HP Recommended

I have successfully corrected this on my OfficeJet 7612 using the following instructions:

1. Under the Search box / Start Menu, click on Settings.
  2. Click on Printers
  3. Right-click on your printer.
  4. Select Properties.
  5. Click on the Advanced tab.
  6. Click on New Driver.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Select HP from the first list.
  9. Select HP OfficeJet 7610 (note that this should read Type 3-User Mode)
  10. Click Next.
  11. Click Finish.
  12. Click Apply to save the changes.
  13. Click OK to close the window.
HP Recommended

Hi @santiavo,

Thanks for sharing that you are now able to recognize the A3 paper size.

Since you are using Windows 8 and not Windows 7, the only other drivers available would be the Class drivers which are Windows preinstalled drivers. (Basic Drivers) The best drivers to use are the actual model name.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue of not able to print on A3-size paper.  I had a 6 month old HP 8610 printer that I replaced with the HP7610 for the sole purpose of being able to print A3.  However, A3 is not one of the paper options available on the drop down menu list. 

In an attempt to correct the problem, I have tried updating the driver as suggested, but the only drive update available is the Type 4, not the Type 3 as suggested.  I have this printer directly connected to the docking station of my 6 month old MS Surface Pro III.  The Surface Pro does not have a disc drive slot, so any recommendation to load the driver directly from the disc is not an option either. 

Is there any resolution to this problem or do I need to toss this printer away and get a different brand.  This is ridiculous.

HP Recommended

Hi @AussieAlsy,

I read your post and see that you would like to be able to print using the A3 paper size.  I will try and help you with this.

I checked out the MS Surface Pro III, sweet machine, I see that the new ones are uses Windows 10.

I have provided a document for HP Printers - Creating Custom Paper Sizes.

This should allow you to print on the A3 paper size.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am also having the exact same issue with my 7610 on a network. The rest of the network is fine except for one computer running Windows10.

I have tried Gemini02 document for adding the paper size only to find all the A3 options are in there, I am just unable to select any of them. 

Please help, it is highly frustrating having to swap computers to use specific printers.

HP Recommended

Hi @tammy0005,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see that you are experiencing issues selecting the A3 paper size. I would like to help you out today.

Did you try adding the new driver the way @Alfadog, had mentioned in message 4?

Here is a document to manually create a custom paper size, if you still can't select the option: HP Printers - Creating Custom Paper Sizes.

Let me know the results. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

thanks a lot! it solved my problem!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.