Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OffieJet Pro 8210
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an P OfficeJet Pro 8210 that will not accept the password even after applying all the possible resets from the menu.  It will also not take the updated firmware.  I've read a lot of online posts and there have been some mention of an maintenance mode that will do a full reset, but no instructions on how to get into that menu.  I have been able to get to the support menu and try the partial and semi-full resets, but they did not clear the admin password.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ckstanley1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that the printer is locked and you're unable to get the password. I also appreciate your time and efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

This requires remote assistance. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ckstanley1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that the printer is locked and you're unable to get the password. I also appreciate your time and efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

This requires remote assistance. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I called HP support and we went through the exact same steps that I had already tried - partial reset, semi-full reset, network settings reset and nothing worked.  This appears to be an issue with the embedded web server not clearing out the settings with the reset (therefore reset to factory defaults doesn't work) and no validation on the limitations of the password when it is being changed.  Because this printer is more than a year old and the HP limited warranty basically says I'm tough out of luck if the warranty is expired - even if the problem is clearly one of HP's making - I have to live with the problem or get a new printer.  There was no resolution even after escallating the issue to HP's complaint department.  After going around in circles about three times we agreed that we were at an impasse and there was no longer any reason to continue the conversation.  I told him I was a dissatisfied customer. Didn't seem to make a difference.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.