HP Support Agent
17,038 16,950 960 1,082
Message 11 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 8600 Printhead error after firmware update

@StefanoCosta

Thanks for the reply.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Donegal6
1 1 0 0
Message 12 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  Can you send me the steos to reset the printer?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,383 2,201
Message 13 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Donegal6,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you are having issues related to HP OfficeJet printer after the recent firmware update. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

In this scenario, I would suggest here is to perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Next thing, If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this websiteOnce done, restart the printer.

For more details on how to update the printer firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 14 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Donegal6,

(Switching to public post to minimize response delay)

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you resolve this issue.

Perform a hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the printer firmware, you can do this directly from the printer firmware or you can download the software from hp support website.

If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to install the latest firmware update on your printer, Click here

For more details on how to update the printer firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Alternatively, you can go through the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Officejet 8600 Printers - 'Ink System Failure' Error

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue, 

I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

Keep me posted,

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Abtcr
2 2 0 0
Message 15 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi I have the same issue.  Could you please help me out.

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
Abtcr
2 2 0 0
Message 16 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I cannot bring up the screen on the printer to update it. .  It is connected via WiFi to the internet.

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 17 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Abtcr,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I see from your post that you are having issues related to HP OfficeJet printer after the recent firmware update. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

In this scenario, I would suggest here is to perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Alternatively, you can go through the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Officejet 8600 Printers - 'Ink System Failure' Error

Next thing, If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to check for the latest firmware update if available for your printer, using this website.  Once done, restart the printer.

For more details on how to update the printer firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
pjt8600
1 1 0 0
Message 18 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried the suggested hard reset and still getting error message.  Recently replaced color cartridges and printer was working fine.  I received a message that printer needed maintenance and accepted the prompt to complete it.  Printed a perfect test page automatically.  A couple of days later I see the printhead missing error messeage.  Firmware check says it's up to date with the latest.  Any other suggestions?  Can't see spending $120 for a solution that may or may not work.  Just spent $100 on new cartridges. That makes this even more difficult to swallow.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
Message 19 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@pjt8600,

Thank you for replying,

After reviewing your post thoroughly, I would personally suggest you try to do a hard reset on the printer, clean the ink cartridge contacts as well as update the firmware(If available).

If you have followed these steps and still having the issue. I would suggest this could be a possible hardware failure.

In this scenario, I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

Keep me posted,

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
unfixable
2 1 0 0
Message 20 of 26
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jeet_singh

I am having the same problem. Less than a month old XL cartridges and I have cleaned the contacts, reseated the printhead, did a reset and still no solution. I would be greatful if i can also get some help. 

Thanx

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation