Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jet 8610
iOS

I have a client that is having trouble with her 8610. It goes to sleep and then will not print form any of her devices. She has an iOS, Win 10, and Android.

I have set the IP to manual.

Reboot both the router and printer.

Then reboot the client devices.

Uninstalled and re-installed the printer on all devices.

It will print fine as long as the printer does not go to sleep for an extended (overnight) amount of time.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @wwdotcomputers

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the sleep mode issue. 

I'd suggest you check the Sleep Mode settings on the printer. 

On the printer's control panel, 

1) Touch Setup menu.
2) Touch Power Management.
3) Touch Sleep.

Set the Sleep Mode setting to either max or off.

Check for Schedule on/ off setting. 

Try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for steps - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Static IP needs to be setup outside DHCP range- Since the default DHCP address range is between 100 and 149, you'll want to avoid all of the addresses between 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.149 when you're assigning static IP addresses. That leaves the ranges from 2-99 and from 150-254 wide open, which is usually plenty for most home networks. 

If the issue still persists, try disabling the IPV6 -

1) Touch Network Setup.
2) Touch Wireless Settings.
3) Touch Advanced Settings > IPV6 > No.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.