Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, So I started to set up the printer in our office. During calibration It said there was a paper jam, I checked the entire machine, there was no issue with the paper feed and there was nothing stuck in the printer. I couldn't get rid of the feed error so I restarted the printer, then it gave me a "cartridge failure" warning on the Cyan cartridge, I tried all of the recommended steps on the HP site, and I can't it to change anything (including a reset of the printer) My next step is to purchase a standard Cyan cartridge and see if that works. Would the standard cartridge work? or did the setup not complete correctly and I'm basically just hosed? I can't find any way to get in touch with HP about getting a new setup cartridge, or if that's even possible.  

Has anyone ran into anything like this before? Have I bricked my printer? Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is possible to require the setup cartridges if the initialization process has not completed..

I suggest contacting HP and not purchasing any new cartridge to avoid unnecessary costs..

Fill the following form to contact HP:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-OfficeJet-Pro-8710-All-in-One-Printer-series/7902...

Note: be sure to click Change Country and select your region if you are not from the USA..

Once filling the form you will be provided with the case number and the contact details.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is possible to require the setup cartridges if the initialization process has not completed..

I suggest contacting HP and not purchasing any new cartridge to avoid unnecessary costs..

Fill the following form to contact HP:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-OfficeJet-Pro-8710-All-in-One-Printer-series/7902...

Note: be sure to click Change Country and select your region if you are not from the USA..

Once filling the form you will be provided with the case number and the contact details.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you Shlomi,

I have gotten in contact with Support and they are sending me a replacement setup cartridge. Hopefully that will work. 

HP Recommended

Did the new setup cartridge fix your problem?  I'm trying to setup my new printer and I have the "Cartiridge Problem" error with both the Cyan and the Yellow cartridges.

HP Recommended

Hi katinam. Yes, I put in a support ticket with HP (I ended up having to talk on the phone for 45 minutes with a tech), and they finally sent me an updated Cyan. After putting the Cyan in, the error message went away and the printer completed setup. 

I hope that helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.