Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LovemHatem
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet 8710 Setup Cartridge Issue

I have the issue.  I was pressed for time, so I went out and bought a second set of cartridges, but got the same error.   I've reset, removed printhead, unplugged, etc.  

Now i have a non-functioning printer and 2 sets of ink for it.  

There seem to be a lot of folks with challenges setting this up.  Is it just better to go back to the 8600 series?

2 REPLIES 2
RiderPro
Level 4
78 77 6 66
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well,the printer is asking for the setup cartridges .So until and unless the printer will be calibrated using the cartridges (setup cartridges )that were sent with the printer ,normal cartridges usage will give that error message.

So didn't you receive any cartridges with the printer ? If yes,then use those cartridges first for the alignment of the printer .

If no,then we have a method via which we can over-ride that error message and make the normal cartridges working.

Regards,
Rider

Highlighted
LovemHatem
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did try using the starter cartridges, but got a "C" error.  Tried all the resets, power offs, etc. that were recommended.   So I guess buying a new set of cartridges was a waste of money.

Amazon is sending me a return code, as I've already invested more time in this than any other piece of hardware I own.  I'll just get a refund and buy something else.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation