Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Office Jet pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a Office Jet Pro 8610 and a Office Jet Pro 8715. When scanning a test for a normal paper document, the print out from the 8610 is quick as it should be but the 8710 printing is absurdly slowly. The settings for both are set to factory settings. What's the story? 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Make sure the 8710 does not have Quite Mode On

Screenshot (118).png

HP Recommended

The Quiet Mode settings in the 8715 printer had been already set to "Off". Can the DPI be changed and is the default dot density are different between 8715 and 8610?

HP Recommended

Printing a scanned document seams to take a normal time on my 8715.

Here are my settings.

Screenshot (122).png

HP Recommended

The page you provided indicates you have more current software than I have, the bundled software that came with the older Office Jet Pro 8610 for a Windows 7 Pro PC, so I can't compare the copy settings exactly. When setting up the 8715 (with the disk that came with it), it was for a new HP Envy laptop (running Windows 10 Home). Perhaps reinstall the complete suite of software for the printer?

HP Recommended

The 8715 is running the latest firmware WBP2CN1919BR   REL. 5-10-2019

HP Recommended

I confirm that the 8715 here has the same firmware, WBP2CN1919BR but I can't find the release date.

HP Recommended

It is the Built Date shown under the firmware

Screenshot (91).png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.