03-10-2019 10:09 AM
error 0x6100004a. tells me to remove jammed paper. no paper jam. rebooted, unplugged, restarted dozens of times. still getting error. purchased less than a year ago.
03-11-2019 11:37 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community
Let's start with a printer reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed
Then update the Firmware from this Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/828...
Also follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05079673 to check for paper jams
Keep me posted how it goes 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee