Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I try to print a document from my PC or a test page from my printer control panel and get nothing but a blank page. The printers acts as if it was working normally, paper feeds and print heads move back and forth.  My printer shows as connected to my wireless network but the HP Scan and print doctor app can not communicate with it. I have tried reinstalling the software and updating the printer firmware to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello John-Kc2011,

I guess its time for printer service / replacement .

Go to Contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific, you will be directed to a local service center in your area.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello John-kc2011,

Please click https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/model/1...  to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

I have tried cleaning the printheads etc.  No matter what I try absolutely nothing prints. I mean that all I get is a totaly blank

page, not a drop of ink anywhere.  I mjust put in HP print cartridges (except black) and all ink levels are good.

HP Recommended

Hello John-kc2011,

I'd suggest you to make a Black COPY of a document or picture and check if the printer print ?

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Tried black copy same result.

HP Recommended

Hello John-Kc2011,

I guess its time for printer service / replacement .

Go to Contact HP Customer Support to schedule a product repair or replacement. If you are in Asia Pacific, you will be directed to a local service center in your area.

Regards,
Jabzi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.