11-28-2017 12:39 PM
I am using a MacBook Pro and trying to prin to Tray 2 which contains 11x17 paper. I don't seem to have the ability - even with the HP software to find the 2nd tray.
11-29-2017 05:04 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
As I understand your Officejet Pro 7740 isn't recognizing tray 2 on Mac,
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
Did you ensure your printer supports the paper size of 11x17?
(Click here to verify the same)
While you respond to that, here's a few things that have helped others:
The following relevant resource will show you how to set tray 2 as the default and with the right paper sizes:
(The above links are 3rd party and are not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)
Let us know if that helps!
Keep me posted,
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,
that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
01-14-2020 08:57 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!