Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am having same issue.  

can I get the hard reset instructions please?

HP Recommended

@RVB120

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Below are the are the instructions you provided.   They make no sense as to my HP Printer OfficeJet 8600 ProPlus.    For example -   There is no Support Menu or Resets Menu or Semi Full Reset.   WHat is “BL” ?   Which display shows a reverse arrow?    A Qwerty display? 

Please provide instructions to reset printer such that the power will stay on continuously and printer will remain ready in standby mode.   The problem is that power and activation turn off after several hours.  Thank you. 

Here is HP support instuctions.    Not very sensical. 

Follow the below steps to reset the printer.   Support Menu >Resets Menu>Semi-Full Reset While applying power, press and hold Power button for 5 sec. Press BL, BL, BL, BL Buttons, in sequence. BL is no.8(reverse arrow) button on the printer display. Touch Support Menu. Press Right arrow for Reset Menu and Touch OK. Press Right arrow for Semi-Full Reset and Touch OK. Wait for unit to Power Down/Turn Off. Press Power button to turn the Printer On. Let me know if that helps. 

HP Recommended

@RVB120

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandytech, 

there is no hp support solution nor can i fill the form for a callback.   

Please provide clear instructions for a hard reset.  There is no option for support menu, etc on touch pad.  What is BL ?   It does not exist on touch pad !   It is not clear from these support threads that a solution exists or works.  Please respond.   

thanks 

HP Recommended

@RVB120

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This user group  for this topic is a waste of time.  There is no solution offered in the postings.  Each solution is provided by a private message.    Hp Support post the solution or post the truth!  You dont have a solution.   After several iterations this is what I get from Hp support.   

HP Recommended

Hi ,

Thank you for your response. I regret to inform you that your unit has reached End of Support Life, which means that HP no longer has access to hardware or software to repair or replace parts in your printer.

If you prefer, you can contact our Home & Home Office Group in your area to see what current models may fit your needs. For your convenience, I will give you some contact options for sales in your country where you can check into any discounts or sales which might be available to you:

Here is a link to chat online with a sales rep: http://hp.care/2wtxEnB

You can also reach our sales by calling 888-999-4747

Please feel free to let me know if you need any other information I might be able to provide, and I will see what I can do.

HP Recommended

I would also like the semi hard reset steps if you could send them to me.

HP Recommended

@5pencer111,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I understand that you are looking for semi-full reset steps for your printer. In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your printer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.