Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My OfficeJet Pro 8610 is hooked up to a HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF. It has been printing very well for some years. But now when I send it a print command, there is a pause of up to 30 seconds, and then it starts printing, but it pauses near the end of the print job for like 5 minutes (Really; I timed it!) before it completes the job.

The print job is a simple 8 x 11 page with 1/2 page of text (131KB per the print queu status). During this delay, the Print Queu shows a Status of "Printing." and the display on the printer shows the spinning wheel with the word "Printing."

What went wrong? How do I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please refer document below to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docum...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please refer document below to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docum...

HP Recommended

Thanks DevRao! Resetting the peinter took care of the problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to know that the issue has been resolved

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.