Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At first when I would try to print, my computer would say that the printer is offline.  There are other people here that are printing to this printer so I know that's not the case.  

I have run several troubleshooters and nothing changed.

I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the printer a few times.

Now the printer shows as being online and available but everytime I send something to print it doesn't happen.  The printer icon at the bottom of the screen shows 0 documents pending and nothing prints.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Richard839,

Try to go to hp.com/go/tools and download the latest version of the Print and Scan Doctor. After running the scan, please post your results here if it does not resolve your issue.

I work on behalf of HP.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the "Kudos" thumbs up to say "Thanks"

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Have you tried all these steps?

Troubleshoot Printer Offline - Windows

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have tried everything you listed...  The Printer is back to showing that it is offline when it clearly isnt.  I have done a system restore to a point where this wasn't an issue and still no luck.  I really need the printer working again!

HP Recommended

In the services folder, I had turned off the print spooler, made sure the correct folder was empty and restarted.  This did not work as previously noted.  

I went back into the services folder and saw that the Printer Extensions and Notifications was not running.  I turned that on and set it to automatically turn on and now I can print again.  I won't know until later if this is a fix or I was just holding my mouth right at that moment....

HP Recommended

I came in this morning and the printer is back to showing offline.   This is very frustrating and I am going to have to change printers if it can't be solved.

HP Recommended

Hi Richard839,

Try to go to hp.com/go/tools and download the latest version of the Print and Scan Doctor. After running the scan, please post your results here if it does not resolve your issue.

I work on behalf of HP.

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the "Kudos" thumbs up to say "Thanks"
HP Recommended

previously it would say that I was missing drivers and I would un-install and it would restart my computer and re-install and then It would restart my computer and do it all over again.  It was a un ending loop.  This time it had me un-install and it restarted but this time the print Dr did not re-start.  The printer seems to be working again.  I will have to let you know Friday as I will be away from my home office until then.

HP Recommended

printhead missing ?

HP Recommended

I followed all troubleshooting steps and came down to replace printerhead how much is a printer head and is it worth replacing it

HP Recommended

If your finding you printer is in fact ONLINE, what helped me was going to the printer icon in the bottom right taskbar and clicking on it, once it opens up click the "Printer tab", then UNCHECK "use printer offline", this fixed everything for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.