Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

To Anyone that can help!

I have an HP8620 OfficeJet Pro that until now has been working perfectly for years. The Yellow cartridge was running low so I changed it for a new one and then was told on the printer's screen it was damaged. I searched online and all I have found is to update firmware (this has been done already and currently up to date). Take the cartridges out and clean the contacts, done. Take out the cartridge holder with power off three times, done. I have purchased a full set of brand new cartridges and replaced all fo them. Still no joy. What is worse is that I can not use the printer at all now to scan even. Can anyone assist me please. With all cartridges in (I have used HP SureSupply app to check authenticity and NEVER used fake or refilled cartridges) the current error message is: "One or more cartridges appear to be damaged. Remove them and replace with new cartridges" Its currently showing Cyan and Yellow to be the problem cartridges, despite both being brand new. Please please please help!

Many thanks in advance,

MK

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MK888 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Curious if you got your issue resolved.  

HP Recommended

This was not solved. I was sent ink cartridges from HP that all appeared damaged or not functioning. I had good communication fro HP, right up to the point in which I identified that the cartridges they sent also did not work. Then the email address I was replying to stopped working and I did not get any follow up calls to see if the problem was resolved.

I ended up buying a new printer HP 9020 which prints well but scans wonky. All the forums appear to indicate that this is a problem with this machine. So I have a 8620 that won't print but scans well (by the way if the print cartridges are not accepted the scanner is rendered useless) and a printer that prints well but can not scan. I have a printer/scanner graveyard in my study.

I can not see how I will buy HP products again after this even though I think when they work they are best in class.

HP Recommended

Still no response....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.