Hexagon-Robin
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OfficeJet Pro 8710 offset copies

OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have had this printer just about two months.  I don't often copy but can't believe I hadn't noticed this problem until last week.  When I copy, it is offcent by about 1/2" ... cutting off the right side of the document.  Is there an adjustment for this?

RobinCB

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,387 18,295 1,048 1,151
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hexagon-Robin

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting alignment issue on HP Officejet 8700 Printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Align the printhead.

1. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Align Printhead, and then touch Continue.

An alignment page prints.

Image: Example of an alignment page

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Hexagon-Robin
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That didn't help. Attached is a copy of the alignment page (color) that printed and copies of it from feeder and on glass.  Not sure if these copies show it well but the copies are offset by about 3/8". I performed another alignment, no change. I ran a few copies on another of same printer here, they copied exactly as the original. I guess I'll need to call HP if no one else has seen this or has any ideas. Also note that scanning and printing are fine, just copying has this problem.

offset to right copies_0001.jpgoffset to right copies_0002.jpgoffset to right copies_0003.jpg

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,387 18,295 1,048 1,151
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Hexagon-Robin

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

This issue may require one to one interaction with the HP Phone Support.

I suggest that you contact HP Phone Support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

You have a good day ahead.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Hexagon-Robin
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just got off the phone with HP Support.  It was that the setting for binding margins in copies was set to on.  Now that it is off, copies seem to be almost perfectly placed.

0 Kudos
Chaz272
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That's odd, Hexagon-Robin. My problem with my Office Jet Pro 8710 similarly printed offset, so when I went to the settings for binding margins, I found it was already set to OFF. When after setting it to ON, the offset problem disappeared.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation